What can we say about the rest of the countries… political protest, terrorism, poverty – these factors make many cities of the world completely uninhabitable. Below you can see a list of 9 towns that are unsuitable for life.
9. Douala, Cameroon. There are many African cities among places that are included in this ranking. Such categories as education, infrastructure, environment, medicine gave the city enough points. In addition, it is the most expensive city in Africa because of corruption.
8. Harare, Zimbabwe. This is one of the worst cities to live in, where there is no medicine at all. In addition, there are unstoppable riots. Harare is the largest city in the country, where most of the 1.6 million inhabitants are starving. There are no garbage disposal and road repairs; there is no water, sewerage and electricity in most areas of the city.
7. Algiers, Algeria. For all categories, such as security, education, medicine, the city scored very low marks. The capital of Algeria is practically destroyed. There is poverty, famine and total unemployment.
6. Karachi, Pakistan. This is a large port city in the south of Pakistan, one of the largest cities in the world (population is over 13 million people). In terms of livability of cities Karachi occupies the lowest ratings.
5. Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. The capital of Papua New Guinea is in the list of the five most horrible cities in the world due to low stability. There are unstoppable public protests. The population of Port Moresby is Papuans who speak 700 languages and dialects. But such thing as a “medicine” does not exist here at all.
4. Dhaka, Bangladesh. 16.6 million people live in the capital Bangladesh! This city has such a low place in the ranking due to constant terrorist attacks that take place here almost every day. Besides it, Dhaka has the lowest score among the cities in terms of infrastructure development.
3. Lagos, Nigeria. It is a port city, which is located on the islands in the Atlantic Ocean. In Lagos there are more than 13 million people. Life in Lagos is very dangerous, because the terrorist group “Boko Haram” often organizes terrorist attacks in the city.
2. Tripoli, Libya. The capital of Libya since 2011 is a theater of war between Gaddafi and rebel forces. This undermined the standard of living in the city.
1. Damascus, Syria. It is the most dangerous city in the world for living. Syria’s capital remains in the center of military operations, the level of stability is very low. Because of the war in other areas of the city can not succeed, so the instability extends to all levels of infrastructure, health and education.